Yoga Immersion Course 2018
Another day of exploration - this time with Gary Carter sharing his knowledge and understanding of myofascial connections, slings and biotensegrity in movement.
Sharing positivity about our inherent strength, and our ability to recover after injury, look after and develop our bodies - especially relevant as we age.
Each year the Immersion course evolves, focusing on a different aspect of how we approach our yoga practice in response to requests from current and returning attendees. This year we’re looking under the skin, developing our understanding of the myofascia, its functional role as fundamental structural support in the body, and its role in all our movement, in yoga, and beyond.
Limited to just 20 attendees, our aim for this yoga immersion will help the attendees to:
- Discover a clearer understanding of the principles of this approach to yoga, with specific focus on how the structures under our skin, particularly the fascia and myofascial connections, affect our practice
- Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and structural relationships
- Understand the mechanics of connective tissues and explore our myofascial connections
- Develop fresh subtle approaches to adjusting / assisting your students
- Refresh and reinvigorate your own personal practice and teaching
As teachers, we can only teach from our own practice. This immersion course will therefore focus on nurturing our own individual approach to self practice; refining and refreshing it, so that we can pass on our discoveries and revised understanding to others with skill and clarity. Each day we'll be looking at a different aspect or approach to practice, so that you leave with some fresh inspiration, and answers to your specific questions.
This immersion is designed specifically for yoga teachers, yoga teacher trainees and anyone with a serious interest in exploring their practice, to refine their practice and teaching. This Yoga Immersion is an opportunity to expand the ways we teach yoga, and evolves each year in response to requests from current and returning attendees.
If you’d like to join us on next year’s yoga immersion, or would like to know more, please visit www.RelaxAndRelease.co.uk
Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.