Intelligent Yoga Teacher Training Certified Teacher
- British Wheel of Yoga accredited
- Yoga Alliance Professionals 200 hour accredited UK
- Yoga Alliance Associate Level 1 Member
- Intelligent Yoga Teacher Training qualified
- British Wheel teacher member
- PhD, University of London
- Interpreter and Translator, Bonn, Germany
Renate Rechtien has practiced yoga in some form since her twenties, but it wasn’t until her retirement from life as an academic that she was able to immerse herself more fully in its study and practice. A period of injury and back pain during the mid-1990s and subsequent cranial-osteopathic treatment first made her curious about the body’s deep innate intelligence and ability to heal and adapt, and this experience has continued to inspire her practice. Her teaching explores pathways into the body that invite us to be curious, present, and attentive to our sensory experience so we may discover the potential of yoga to nourish, to soothe, and to be incredibly joyful.
Renate has a deep passion for movement; she loves outdoor life, walking, jogging, and she has practiced Pilates for 17 years. She has taught an open yoga class to a group of seven students over the past 15 months.