The Santillan Yoga Centre in Spain is a luxurious authentic Andalusian farmhouse with gardens overlooking the sea. Featuring probably the finest yoga studio in the whole of Europe, it is the perfect setting for yoga and meditation.
Set in a secluded location, Santillan is a slice of paradise, located deep in the Spanish countryside, and yet just 30 minutes from Malaga airport. With sub-tropical gardens, a salt-water swimming pool, and all the luxuries of a hotel, here we can immerse ourselves in yoga, supported by the silence of nature, protected by the surrounding hills.
The Santillan Yoga Centre was mentioned in The Times as “one of Europe’s best yoga and wellness centres“. It includes a newly built, beautiful, fully equipped yoga studio, complete with yoga wall, designed with guidance from leading yoga teacher Simon Low.
There are extensive gardens for relaxing and star-gazing under the dark night sky – and there’s a bonfire available too, for those cooler nights.
21-28th September, 2019
Santillan Yoga Centre, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain
All rooms include:
- en-suite facilities
- air conditioning and / or fan
- bath tub & shower
- balcony or patio with sea or garden / mountain views
Sharing .... Euro €1095 pp
Single .... Euro €1395
JUNIOR SUITE (one king size and one queen size bed)
Sharing .... Euro €1245 pp
Single ....Euro €1550
GRAND SUITE (one king size and one queen size bed)
Sharing .... Euro €1245 pp
Single .... Euro €1550
EARLYBIRD OFFER for all rooms
Book and pay your deposit by 1st May, 2019 and receive a Euro €100 discount
A deposit of Euro €300 is required to confirm your booking.
The balance of your payment is due 1st August 2019.
All food, yoga and accommodation.
Travel, flights, insurance, excursions, massages, alcoholic drinks and snacks.
To book please select the ‘Booking’ tab
Santillan has 17 rooms, each individually styled, paying special attention to colour, harmony and balance with the environment. All rooms have:
- en-suite bathroom
- hair dryer
- hot and cold air conditioning and / or fan
- balcony or patio with sea or garden / mountain views.
All rooms at Santillan are beautifully decorated in their own distinctive Mediterranean style. They are all elegant and well appointed, with ensuite bathtub and shower, hair dryer, air conditioning and/or fan and a desk. Each room has its own balcony or patio with glorious views across the gardens, sea or mountains.
There are double, twin or triple rooms, and we will match you with a roommate if you’re coming by yourself and would like to share a room.
Suites – Something Extra Special
If you’d like to make your stay extra special, there are also two suites available on request. Both rooms include:
- one king size and one queen size bed
- hydro massage shower
The Junior Suite offers a living room, a work desk as well as a terrace overlooking the sea.
The Grand Suite offers two spectacular terraces overlooking the sea, two bathrooms, and a separate living room with working area, to provide that extra comfort if you need to keep in touch with the office, or have a book to write.
The spacious state-of-the-art, brand-new yoga studio is the perfect place for yoga practice.
Yoga bolsters, blocks, belts, bricks, sandbags and blankets are provided as are 6mm thick yoga mats.
Built on golden ratio dimensions, it has incredible acoustics, and includes the following:
- Sprung, thermally insulated bamboo floor
- All the necessary yoga props: 6 mm thick yoga mats, foam blocks, wooden bricks, belts, bolsters, blankets, sandbags, chairs and wooden slant boards
- 24 stations on the yoga wall, built by The Great Wall Europe, the world’s leading ‘yoga rope wall’ manufacturer with detachable yoga wall belts, which can be used at five different heights
- Ceiling fans
- LED lighting with dimmer controls
- Two large quartz crystal singing bowls, Tibetan bells, tea light holders, incense holders
- Chalk bags for when you need a little extra grip
SALT WATER POOL
Sunbathe and swim in Santillan’s salt-water pool overlooking the farm and the sea. Perfect for relaxing between yoga classes.
Santillan have a paddle court! Adapted from tennis, the court is smaller, there are no double lines, and the net is lower. The game is played with a solid paddle rather than a strung racket, and a depressurised ball is used with an underarm serve.
Santillan is located between mountains and overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. The gardens have been designed to reflect the light and colours of the setting sun.
Santillan can arrange a range of therapies for you during your stay. Sessions are to be booked on arrival and are payable directly to the therapist. You can choose from the following:
- Facial beauty treatments
- Thai yoga massage
- Shiatsu massage
- Regression and soul therapies
INTERNET & TELEPHONE
Santillan provides wifi in all common areas and in most rooms. There is good coverage for most mobile phones with the national Spanish mobile phone operator Movistar.
Sometimes we all just want to switch off, and enjoy the opportunity for a digital detox, so Santillan ask that mobile phones should only be used dedicated areas with seating, which provide the best signal strength and privacy.
Santillan’s Mediterranean, vegetarian and vegan meals are based on organic produce grown under the Spanish sun. Ingredients are sourced from the on-site garden and fruit trees and supplemented by produce from local farmers.
The cooks at Santillan enjoy sharing their popular Spanish-influenced healthy Mediterranean cuisine, yet are also able to cater for vegetarian, vegan and raw diets and for genuine food allergies and intolerances, such as gluten-free and dairy-free if arranged upon booking, and for the entire group.
They keep free-range chickens, so fresh eggs are available daily.
Dietary Restrictions and Allergies
It is essential that you inform Catherine of any dietary requirements, within reason, when you book so that she can liaise with Santillan and make the necessary arrangements.
If, for medical reasons, you follow a highly-restricted diet, we advise you to bring with you any essentials you might need for your well-being.
If you are prone to a severe reaction to an allergen, for example, a very small amount on a kitchen knife or board, it is essential that we be informed. Please note that we are unable to offer absolute guarantees for such allergic conditions.
Arrive - Saturday
3.30pm Arrive and refreshments
6.00pm Welcome meeting
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday
8.30 - 9.30am Breakfast
10.00 - 12.00 Yoga
1.00 - 2.00 Lunch
2.00 - 5.00 Free time to explore, walk, chill out, have a massage
5.00 - 7.00 Yoga
7.30 - 8.30 Dinner
8.30 Free time
Day Off (Wednesday or Thursday)
8.30 - 9.30am Breakfast
10.00 A day to relax and explore the local area, to take time out on an excursion, or simply to chill out and enjoy a relaxing massage
Departure - Saturday
8.30 - 9.30am Breakfast
Please note that whilst I will do everything possible to adhere to the programme and details laid out above, some things are outside my control, and therefore I reserve the right to make changes if necessary.
There are numerous hiking paths around the property itself, all providing views across to the sea.
For those looking for something more adventurous, there’s the opportunity to visit the famous El Camino del Rey near Malaga, or you could enjoy a walk up the River Chillar in Nerja.
- Caminito del Rey
Until recently, this almost 8-kilometre path near was considered to be one of the most dangerous in the world. Today the path has been completely refurbished, and although it is safer now, there is something that has not changed – it offers a unique experience crossing 100-metre-high walkways that have been built across gorges. Take one of the best selfies ever. You’ll never forget the views!
- River Walk up the Rio Chillar, Nerja
The scenery is spectacular. As you progress, you will criss-cross the river many times until eventually you have no option but to wade through the water. One of the best ways to cool down on a hot sunny day.
If you’re seeking a beach experience and would like to swim in the sea, then why not visit one of the fantastic beaches in Malaga, close to Santillan or in Nerja.
While you are in Malaga you can visit the historic center, The Roman theatre, La Alcazaba, The Cathedral, The Gibralfaro Castle, Malagueta bullring, Muelle Uno and the Botanical Garden La Conceptcion.
There is something for everyone: from Phoenician walls, Islamic artifacts, modern paintings and wine to glass, dolls, cars and even aviation. Here are some of Malaga’s best museums.
EAT & DRINK
If you’d like a night out in the town, here are a few local restaurants worth a visit while you stay with us at Santillan. Before eating you could explore the town and perhaps sample the many shops.
There are some very nice towns nearby which are well worth exploring. Visit Rincon de la Victoria, Nerja, Frigliana or Ronda and we’re sure you wont be disappointed.
5 minutes away you can play golf looking at the sea. Añoreta Golf has 18 holes and all the services that a good golf course can offer. Baviera Golf is a top golf course 20 minutes east of Malaga.
Santillan has an arrangement with a local riding school for discounted horseback riding. If you’ve ever wanted to gallop along the sands of a local beach, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
EXTEND YOUR TOUR
If you’re thinking about extending your time in Spain, here are a few nearby places for consideration. Santillan work with a tour company and can arrange full or half day excursions:
Santillan is about 36 km east of Malaga International airport, which is serviced by many international and budget airlines. We can arrange a taxi transfer for you. Fee approximately €50 each way.
If you are on the same flight as other guests, we will arrange a shared transfer.
Driving from the airport
The drive from Malaga airport is straightforward.
- Leave the airport in the direction of Malaga.
- Follow signs that say ‘Almeria’ and ‘Motril’ on what will become the A7 motorway heading east toward Almeria and Motril.
- Do NOT go towards Granada, Cadiz, and Seville.
- Stay on A7 11 and after about 20 minutes take EXIT 258 off the motorway, which comes directly after EXIT 256, in the direction of Marcharaviaya, (Torre de Benalgabon).
- Please note that the motorway exit signs are not in strict numerical order!
- Then turn left and follow the road underneath the motorway and up the hill towards Macharaviaya following the signs painted on the rock, as explained above.
If you will be making your own way by car, you will see Santillan’s latitude and longitude details for satnav devices below.
- You need to get off the motorway at EXIT 258 in the direction of Macharaviaya and then follow the road up the hill towards Macharaviaya.
- Here you will start to see Santillan’s signs ‘MOLINO DE SANTILLAN’ painted on the rock in green and red letters against a white background and green frame.
- Be sure to take the right fork next to the school at the beginning of the mountain road, as signposted.
- The painted signs on the rock will guide you along a serpentine road up the hill for 3 kilometers, with quite spectacular views north over the mountains and nearby white mountain villages and southward to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Just after 3 km on this mountain road, you will see a big black-and-white sign with red letters at a sharp right-hand turn. Take this turn to the right and follow this second, more narrow mountain road for about 1.2 km, and Molino de Santillan is at the end of a right-hand turn off this mountain road.
Sanitllan Yoga Centre
Km 3, 29730
Phone: (00 34) 952 40 09 49
Fax: (00 34) 952 40 09 50
Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.