The psoas muscles are the deepest muscles in our core. They are involved in almost every movement we make, from walking and running to sitting, and of course, we use them throughout our yoga practice.
Whilst they are extraordinarily sensitive and responsive, we often find it difficult to consciously feel them, or even know where they are within our bodies. When we’re tired, emotional or have just been overdoing it a bit, they may become unbalanced and tense, potentially causing a wide range of symptoms including lower back pain, stress, postural imbalances and contributing to exhaustion and poor digestion.
Join this workshop to understand more about these most emotional of muscles, and:
- Join this workshop to understand more about these most emotional of muscles, and:
- Improve your understanding of the structure and role of the psoas in the body
- Discover the connection between the psoas and the breath
- Learn why you should never stretch your psoas and why it doesn’t need strengthening
- Find out how to soothe and release your psoas safely
- Let go of long held tensions which may help relieve lower back pain and improve your psychological well being.
Suitable for all levels
- Date: 23rd September 2017
- Day and Time: Saturday @ 10.15 – 1.30pm
- Venue: The Willows C of E Primary School, Willows North, Alcester Raod, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warks, CV37 9QN
- Refreshments: Cold drinks provided
- Price: £25
- Booking: To secure your place, please contact the workshop administrator Gillian Russel:
01527 857 586 or email@example.com
For full details about this workshop, please click here.
Join Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.